Get emergency help immediately if you:
- have an urge to harm yourself or someone else
- believe your partner or another person may be at risk for self-harm
- feel unsafe because of someone’s violent or threatening behavior
Don’t hesitate to get help, even if you are unsure it is a crisis. These hotlines offer 24-hour services where compassionate people will talk with you and help you take appropriate steps:
- National Suicide Hotline: 1-800-784-2433.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Maryland Crisis Hotline: 1-800-422-0009
- Fairfax County, VA Emergency Services: 703-573-5679 (open to all regardless of residence)
- Washington, DC Crisis Helpline: 1-888-7-WE-HELP (1-888-793-4357)
- If in doubt where to call, call 911
If there is immediate threat of harm:
- Call 911
- Go to your nearest emergency medical facility
The bad feelings are temporary, but actions you take because of pain may be permanent. Take action now to save a life.